Tie large, articulated streamers to catch river, lake, and sea monsters.
Co-developed with Blane Chocklett
Blane Chocklett is one of the fly fishing industry’s most forward-thinking and innovative fly tyers. His beefed-up version of the Fish-Skull Chocklett's Articulated Big Game Shank is optimized for strength with heavy-gauge, stainless steel wire, and has extended length with oversized loops for bigger hooks.
- Quantity per pack: 28 mm (20); 40 mm (16); 80 mm (12)
Give the eye of the fly enough room to use a heavy-duty bite tippet, and creates space for bigger hooks (6/0 or 7/0) to move freely on the back loop.
Extended loop length
Allows you to tie them down further along the shank, which adds strength to the loop and helps prevent bigger fish pulling out the loop during an extended fight.
For use in saltwater streamers.
Part of the Flymen Big Game Fly Solution
Combine with 10 mm or 15 mm Living Eyes and #10 or #15 Fish-Masks for ultimate big game flies.
Typically most flies will be single hook flies on a single shank with the hook positioned towards the back of the fly.
1. Put your hook in the vise and tie the tail section of the fly.
2. Attach the shank and tie the body and head section of the fly. To do this, thread the hook (back section) onto the back loop of the shank.
3. Put the shank in your vise held in place by the back loop. Attach your tying thread to the shank and lay a strong thread base along the entire length of the shank. In the process you will be closing the back loop with your thread. We suggest you use a strong Gel Spun or Kevlar thread and make the thread base as thick and strong as possible.
4. Cover and seal the thread base with a layer of Super Glue, epoxy or Clear Cure Goo to add strength.