Tie weightless streamers that suspend in the water column.
Best of Show – Fly Tying Materials: 2013 International Fly Tackle Dealer Show
Best Tying Material: 2014 Outdoor Canada New Fly Fishing Gear Awards
The Fish-Skull Fish Mask is a weightless, clear version of the Baitfish Head that provides a clean, simple, and effective alternative to creating heads with epoxies. A realistic baitfish profile and the ability to take on the color of body materials make it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of weightless streamer patterns.
The 8 sizes in the Fish-Mask range are designed to be exactly fit the 8 sizes of Living Eyes (a #4 Fish-Mask uses 4mm Living Eyes, a #5 Fish-Mask uses 5mm Living Eyes, etc.).
Quantity per pack: #3 (12); #4, #5 (10); #6, #7, #8.5 (8); #10, #15 (6)
Designed to mimic the head, eyes, and gill plates of a baitfish, and to push more water than traditional flies.
Quick and easy to use. Simply tie in all materials first, then fit the Fish-Mask from the front.
Recessed eye sockets
Designed to securely position, hold, and protect the eyes. The sizes directly correspond with Fish-Skull Living Eyes, which act as an important trigger for predatory game fish. (Fish Mask #3 fits Living Eyes 3 mm., etc.).
Compatible with our entire articulated shank family: Articulated Shank, Articulated Fish-Spine, Chocklett's Big Game Shank, and Senyo's Articulated Shank for Steelhead and Salmon Flies.
Part of the Flymen Big Game Fly Solution
Combine with Chocklett's Articulated Big Game Shanks, and 10 mm or 15 mm Living Eyes for ultimate big game flies.
Fits hook sizes #10, #8, #6
Fits hook sizes #8, #6, #4
Fits hook sizes #6, #4, #2
Fits hook sizes #2, #1, 1/0
Fits hook sizes #1, 1/0, 2/0
Fits hook sizes 1/0, 2/0, 3/0
Fits hook sizes 4/0, 5/0, 6/0
Fits hook sizes 5/0, 6/0, 7/0
After tying in all your materials, complete the fly by simply fitting the Fish-Mask from the front and finish off by tying a small thread dam between the skull and the hook eye.
1. Tie the entire fly onto the hook (or articulated shank) leaving a small gap behind the eye of the hook
2. Create a large thread head and tie off your materials.
3. Add super glue (or Clear Cure Goo Hydro) to the thread wraps.
4. Fit the Fish-Mask from the front of the fly and position it in place against the materials as desired. Note: If you use Clear Cure Goo, your UV light will shine right through the Fish-Mask and cure the goo within 8 to 10 seconds!
5. Tie a small thread-dam in front of the head, tie off, and cement. The thread head locks the Fish-Mask firmly in place, making it impossible to come loose.